Web Analytics
Economists Say No Justification for Tax Havens in Oxfam Letter

Economists Say No Justification for Tax Havens in Oxfam Letter


There's no economic justification for tax havens, say top economists

Tax havens have no economic justification, say top economists | World news | The Guardian

Economists Say No Justification for Tax Havens in Oxfam Letter

Tax Havens 'serve no useful economic purpose'- 300 Leading Economists write

Oxfam has co-ordinated a letter from top economists protecting at the existence of tax

Tax havens have no justification, say top economists, calling for their abolition

Mossack Fonseca

Economists Say No Justification for Tax Havens in Oxfam Letter - Bloomberg

Panama Papers: The 10 most popular tax havens

Bermuda - tax haven

An activist shows fake banknotes during a demonstration outside the European Commission (EC) headquarters

Oxfam on tax avoidance: do as I say, not as I do? — Institute of Economic Affairs

Experts from 30 countries have written to world leaders warning that there is no economic justification

*Experts including Thomas Piketty, Jeff Sachs, Nora Lustig and Angus Deaton call for more tax transparency.

Tax havens. Credit: CNN Money

Think tank blog compares Gift Aid to tax-avoidance schemes in general | Third Sector

Opening the vaults

Economists Say No Justification for Tax Havens in Oxfam Letter

A tax haven blacklist without the UK is a whitewash


FILE - This is a Friday, April 22, 2016 file photo of Columbia University's

The desperate inequality behind global tax dodging | Gabriel Zucman | Opinion | The Guardian

300 economists tell world leaders tax havens 'serve no useful economic purpose'

A letter signed by some of the world's top economists comes after the Panama Papers revealed global elites are evading taxes

Oxfam: Luxembourg, Ireland, Netherlands among worst tax havens

Hundreds of the world's leading economists have called for action on tax havens, like Monaco

The Netherlands, tax haven

Why ...

Panama City, Panama

'They Serve No Useful Purpose': World Leaders Challenged to End Tax Havens

... 6. corporate tax ...

Green Jersey BEPS tool[edit]

Ireland and four UK territories named on 'world's worst tax havens' list

Harriet Sergeant

Economists urge world leaders to end tax havens ahead of anti-corruption summit in London

Poster issued by the British tax authorities to counter illegal offshore tax evasion.


University of Amsterdam Corponet tax havens

12; 13.

Nearly 400 LSE-listed companies based in tax havens linked to UK

Marios Karatzias on

Police vans sit outside the headquarters of Deutsche Bank AG during a police raid. Photo


Ireland and four UK territories named on 'world's worst tax havens' list

Carbon taxes and emission trading regimes (ETRs)

Conference in London: Money Laundering and Tax Havens in Europe - Friday 27th September 2013

One of the reasons groups such as Christian Aid and Oxfam have got involved in this debate is that they believe ...

Calling for New Global Rules, Economists Decry Financially Useless Tax Havens

Share this Story

"Uncovering Offshore Financial Centers": Relationship of Conduit and Sink Offshore Financial Centres.

Blog: 4 critical steps to ensure international aid works for the poorest people

End tax havens!

An economy for the 99%

... 28. fair ...

#EvenItUp #inequality Economics, Finance

Partisans can argue whether Clinton actually deserves the credit for these good results, but I'm just happy we got better policy.

Financial transaction taxes*

Page 1

A farmer at work in Hoa Binh province. Credit: Oxfam Vietnam

The false assumptions driving the economy of the 1%

Oxfam warned that the world's richest 1% will own more than the other 99%

Per capita income by country

Tax campaigner Richard Murphy's estimate of the ten countries with the largest absolute levels of tax evasion. He estimated that global tax evasion amounts ...

... 7.

EU's new tax haven blacklist doomed to failure, warn campaigners

Special bank taxes in OECD countries, 2013


Read ...

The Davos Blind Eye: How the Rich Eat the Poor and the World

EU countries are not 'tax havens', parliament says

Download full-size image

Why we are shining a light on the world of tax havens again | News | The Guardian

Oxfam International on



Annex H: Parliament's inquiries

Oxfam is wrong about 'obscene' wealth



Ethnic minority woman harvests crops in Ninh Binh. Credit: Oxfam Vietnam

Recently, 355 economists signed a letter co-ordinated by Oxfam arguing that tax havens have “no useful purpose.” There is a history in the U.K. of letters ...

Working for the Few - Oxfam report

Oxfam Italia on

Economists call for end to tax havens · Japanese yen - Photo: iStock


Government response[edit]

Tax havens: Trouble island